Hybrid turbine new type of engine suitable for car, marine ,power station
The present invention relates to a machine for generating rotary motion from a variety of fuels or power sources.
Its prime function is that of power generation unit however it may equally be used as a power transmission unit.
The input may be heat, liquid, steam, or other fluid or gas.
The primary output will be via a rotating shaft.
The main components [ see drawing TCTU/DRAW1001/28/10/92] are :
Two or more fixed discs with one or more waveform tracks machined or formed into them. Each fixed disc contains two or more inlet ports.
One or more rotating disc each containing two or more valves located to coincide with the waveform tracks machined into the fixed disc. Each rotating disc has two or more outlet ports. Each rotating disc is fixed to one or more output shafts.
Two or more valves / ports would allow transfer of a liquid, steam or other gas between the waveform track and the outlet port.
Principles Of Operation
Their are two main variations of operation [ see TCT/DRAW1001/28/10/92]
The inlet ports admit high pressure liquid , steam or other gas into the
chamber formed by the waveform track, the rotating disc and valve[s] and
forces the rotating disc around. As the disc rotates the inlet port is closed by
the rotating disc. Further this causes the valves to open and release the
remaining pressure via the outlet ports.
2 The inlet port admits for example water which is turned into steam within the waveform track as it comes into contact with the fixed discs which are heated. The high pressure steam entering the chamber formed by the waveform track, the rotating disc and the valve[s] and forces the rotating disc around. As the disc rotates the inlet port is closed by the rotating disc. Further rotation of the disc causes the valves to open and release the remaining pressure via the outlet ports. please note this would work with a compression ignition or spark ignition system.
Minor components and supporting devices
Other components are required but not shown in the drawing as they do not alter the basis of the invention.
bearings, fastenings and finishes.
Heating or ignition sources including control devices.
Pressure and speed regulating devices.
The components of the machine may be made from existing conventional materials, high technology materials or materials resulting from any emerging technologies.
1. Multiplication-the drawing TCPU/DRAW1001/28/10/92 shows a single unit however there may be multiple waveforms, multiple disc and multiple valves.
2. Valves- the drawing TCTU/DRAW1001/28/10/92 shows a simple slide valve however other types may be used including solid state valve electromagnetic etc.
3. Inlet valve- the drawing TCTU/DRAW1001/28/10/92 shows a straight inlet opening however there may be variations such as injectors, valves or other control devices.
4. Fixed the rotating disc identified in drawing TCTU/DRAW1001/28/10/92 the terms are not exclusive and the fixed may become the rotating disc and the rotating become the fixed disc.
5. The drawing TCTU/DRAW1001/28/10/92 shows the output via a single central shaft this is not exclusive and may be via other means direct, indirect, magnetic.
Take a look at the turbine in more detail
you can Download
a movie of the turbine. Please note it is 1.4 meg it may take
a time But its worth it.
Components Number sequence.
1. DRIVE SPINDLE
3. BASE PLATE2
5. VALVE / PISTON
6. BASE PLATE 1
9. EXPANSION CHAMBER
For Further discusion please email me
Global View of
Secure FTPS (SSL) anywhere, FREE Go FTP